The Radiation Oncology Department at Moffitt Cancer Center is committed to providing exceptional patient care for all cancer types. Our radiation teams are sub-specialized by disease. As part of multidisciplinary groups, we work collaboratively to determine the most appropriate method of treatment for every patient.
It’s not just about the machine, it’s about the disease-site-specific experts choosing the best path for each individual. We utilize state-of-the-art technology that enables delivery of high doses of pinpointed, targeted radiation directly to the cancer, while minimizing exposure to normal cells thus minimizing undesired side effects. Our teams participate in tumor boards and have access to the most treatment options, including clinical research. This means the optimal type of radiation is selected — for patients to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Radiation Oncology healthcare providers are available for timely physician-to-physician consults and ongoing communication with you about shared patients.
All of Moffitt’s campuses are fully certified by the American College of Radiology for safety and quality.
External Radiation Therapy Treatments
- Stereotactic Frameless Brain & Spine Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Image-Guided IMRT (IGRT)
- Total Body Irradiation
- Total Skin Electron Beam Therapy
- 4-D Organ Motion Management & Respiratory Gating
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- Three-dimensional conformal radiation therapy (3D CRT)
- Brain Lab Novalis™ - Pinpoint accuracy for Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Varian Trilogy®
- Varian TrueBeam™
- Varian Clinac 2100™
- ViewRay MRIdian®
Internal Radiation Therapy Treatments
- LDR and HDR Full Brachytherapy Suite
- Radioembolization for Liver Tumors (Radioactive Beads)
- Intraoperative Single Fraction Radiation (IORT)
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI)
- Radiopharmaceuticals - Liquid radiation agents for lymphoma or cancer that has spread to the bones
- Nucletron HDR Remote Afterloading System
- Zeiss Intrabeam® - Breast IORT
- Nordion TheraSphere® Technology
- Palliative Care
- Social Work
- Holistic, Supportive Care
- Clinical Trials
- Nutritional Counseling
- Onsite Publix Pharmacy